Friday, February 10, 2012

That Was Easy

For the past seven years, most every time we've traveled, we've had small children with us. Well yesterday I took a trip by myself. You wouldn't believe how easy that was! I walked up to the counter and gave the guy one passport. While he was printing my one single boarding pass, I didn't have to make anyone get off the luggage scale or stop knocking down the suitcases or stop bumping into the other passengers. I walked up to the next desk and got my passport stamped without having to stop anyone from walking past the line. Then I leisurely walked to Starbucks and got a muffin and a cup of coffee. Nothing spilled. When it was time, I walked with my one small computer bag to the gate. I didn't have to try to roll 3 bags or tell anyone to quit climbing on the chairs.  

Then I got on the plane and just sat myself down.  They brought me some breakfast and I ate it. I didn't have to feed any little people or wipe up any spilled juice. When I got here I only had to get out one passport and get one little suitcase off the belt.

I got to my room and didn't have to tell anyone to quit running. I went to bed last night and no one needed water or anything.

And no one came and kissed me goodnight or hugged me this morning or played the piano or sang silly songs during breakfast....

I sure miss those little guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment