Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Remembering 2012 (with captions by Lee Anna)

Happy New Year!

I always get kind of nostalgic this time of year. I love thinking back over all the things that have happened since last January 1, remembering the surprises and the adventures and the challenges. And I also love to look ahead, dreaming about the year to come and all that it will hold.

This year, Jason came up with a fun new way to remember our 2012. He suggested that we look through our family photos from 2012 and choose our top ten favorites. We looked for photos that captured something special about our year--a special event, a fun memory or just a sweet photo from a regular day. As you might imagine, we had some difficulty narrowing it down to ten, but we finally chose these as our favorites from the year.

Lee Anna helped choose them, and then volunteered to also write the photo captions. So here they are, our Top Ten 2012 Family Photos! Lee Anna's captions are in bold directly under the photos (my comments are in italics underneath).

 Okay this is my favorite of all the photos because it's cute!
(flower girl Sarah Claire listening to her Uncle Gary sing at Aunt Claire's wedding)

 Okay this one was all about Sawyer's birthday party
which happened to be very angry birdsy!

 This one was delicious because it was entirely made of Oreos! 
(homeschool fun making phases of the moon)

 I enjoyed swimming this summer even though I did not enjoy wearing a swim cap.

 I love the beach!

 I had fun at trunk or treat with Mimi and Papaw
and also my candy weighed 4.6 pounds!

 This one is just plain cute!

 Okay I have nothing to do with this one so I think I will let mommy write about it.
(fully enjoying our trip to the states this fall!)

I love this one!
(so grateful for the grandparent time the kids had this year!)

This one I also like because it was taken at the park where we get cotton candy!
(a family photo taken near the heart of our city)

We hope your 2012 was also full of sweet memories,
and we wish you a joyful new year! Welcome, 2013!

1 comment: